As smartphone ownership continues to grow, going mobile and mobile optimization are becoming a business necessity. Here are some of Google’s mobile usage predictions for 2012:
- 38 percent of residents own a smartphone.
- 82 percent of smartphone users use a search engine at least one time per week.
- 88 percent of smartphone users notice ads on a smartphone – 41 percent on search engines; 46 percent in an app; 25 percent on a retailer website; 20 percent on a video website; 27 percent while watching a video; and 47 percent while on a website.
- 75 percent of smartphone users watch video; 26 percent watch at least one time per day.
- 79 percent of smartphone users visit social network; 54 percent visit at least one time per day.