Google noted that 89 percent of smartphone owners take some kind of action after looking up local content:
- 51 percent called a business or service
- 25 percent made an in-store purchase from a business
- 21 percent made an online purchase from a business
- 48 percent visited a business
- 47 percent visited the website of a business or service
- 49 percent looked up a business or service on a map
Mobile shoppers are buying: 20 percent buy daily; 14 percent buy weekly; and 29 percent buy monthly. But they’re also using their smartphone to compare prices and research products.